Re: st: Difference in Difference for Proportions

Subject   Re: st: Difference in Difference for Proportions
Date   Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:26:12 -0400

Jeph--
Doesn't the interaction problem discussed in
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0063
also rear its ugly head here?

Probably also have to be careful of SEs--if the total populations are
summed weights from a survey, significance will likely be overstated.

I'd probably go to -svy:tab- first in that case...

sysuse psidextract, clear
keep if t>5
set seed 1
g f=ceil(uniform()*1000)
egen pop=total(f), by(south t)
svyset [pw=f], strata(t)
egen gp=group(t south), lab
svy:tab gp union if t>5, row ci
lincom _b[p42]-_b[p22]-(_b[p32]-_b[p12])
g txsouth=t*south
egen y=total(union*f), by(gp)
bys gp: replace y=. if _n<_N
li y t south pop if y<.