Re: st: AW: -areg- question

From   Sue <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: -areg- question
Date   Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:28:03 -0400

No, I didn't mean to say that. I just included the -regress-
specification to imply that the number of observations used in the
-areg- regressions should be smaller than the number from the original
-regress- results. Sorry if that was confusing. My question is: with
fixed effects using the variable "mother_rc", there are
obervations(children) with only one count per mother_rc, that is
mothers with only one child. Once I include the mother fixed effects,
those with only one child should be dropped from the regression since
with only one child, there is no variation within the mother. I'm
wondering why the number of observations reported is still the same
though. Thanks.