st: Grouping markers

From   Eran Bendavid <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Grouping markers
Date   Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:25:07 -0700

I am trying to create a scatter plot, and I would like to present the markers as belonging to separate clusters.  Aside from providing labels, which clutter the image too much, is there another useful way to do this?  My thought was to cluster by marker color and shape, but I'm  open to suggestions.  (For example, say I'm graphing price against quantity, and each data point comes from a particular city and year, and I would like to highlight which data points come from the same city.)

Many thanks!