RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?

From   Laura Platchkov <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:59:24 +0100

Well, Roy, do you have any idea of how long it will take if i have one dataset with 800 points  (farms) and the other, with 200'000 (points of lakes lines) ???? Stata has been running the whole afternoon now, and I am wondering whether I shouldn't maybe reduce the number of observaitons of the second dataset...

Or Is there an amendment in the command that I could do in order for STATA to compute only the distances from the farms to the nearest lakes, and not from the points of the lakes to the nearest farms...?