st: RE: graph export - TIF -

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: graph export - TIF -
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:30:12 +0800

Hi Fred,

I've used Ghostscript for many years to convert postscript files to a
variety of different graphics formats.
There is a Mac version
(, but this will be a
bit of a pain installing and learning how to use it if all you want is
one figure converted to a tif format.

Hopefully, someone may come up with a simpler solution.

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made.
Very few people die past that age - George Burns

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Fred Wolfe
Sent: Friday, 11 September 2009 5:11 AM
Subject: st: graph export - TIF -

A journal that has one of my papers wants the graphics in JPG or TIF
format. I am using Stata 11, MAC X 10.6. I can only export to the TIF

I use the command:  graph export mygraph.tif, width(16000).

But I only get 72 DPI (dots per inch). They request at least 300 DPI.
Is there any way to get better detail in the Stata export? The width()
doesn't seem to make any difference.

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
NDB Office  +1 316 263 2125 Ext 0
Research Office +1 316 686 9195