st: [ssc install] Way of Installing

From   "javanfish" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: [ssc install] Way of Installing
Date   Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:44:50 -0500

Dear STATA.com

I figured out that it is not admissible to install ssc ado files when I tried to install ssc ado files in a desktop connected by Remote Desktop Connection in Windows XP. The reason is simple. Windows Security Policy does not allow to overwrite or change files altered by other users. ssc install has a process of renaming next.trk to stata.trk, of which the procesure conflicts with Windows Policy.

Or please let me know how to specifiy the directory for my own ado plus files. Thanks.

Sungbok Lee

4th Year Graduate
Department of Economics
TAMU