Re: st: Importing data with infile: Identifying records with problems

From   John LeBlanc <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Importing data with infile: Identifying records with problems
Date   Wed, 02 Sep 2009 23:32:58 -0300

I just did a workaround in case it's useful to others.

Sort the records before importing to Stata (assuming relevant id field is in left-most columns).
Import
Save list of error messages
incorporate original record number into database: e.g.,
***
gen recno = _n
move recno serial
***

export or print list of recno & their corresponding serial or ID numbers. At least one now has an easy way to pull original case report forms and fix faulty inputs.

John