Re: st: Plain text [was: ... -egen, cut() ...]

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Plain text [was: ... -egen, cut() ...]
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:30:12 -0400

My mistake. I skimmed the FAQ for parts that seemed important. And I
didn't make the connection that GMail sends out HTML email by default
even if I don't add any formatting or links.

But why should Statalist send out error messages? On mailing lists I
am on, I don't get a copy of my own messages -- and this is what I
expected from Statalist too. So after I sent something to Statalist,
but negligently as HTML, I could not distinguish what happened from my
question being simply ignored. And the FAQ does link to guidelines on
stating a question, which emphasizes that you should not repeat a
question or complain about people ignoring your question. So my
mistake could happen to other new subscribers, using GMail or any
other clients.

I hope all get their answers in the end, just as I did today, which I
am grateful for.

Thanks again,

Laszlo