st: Cointegration with many independent variables

From   Ihtesham Afzal <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Cointegration with many independent variables
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:26:41 +0100

I am looking to do a cointegrating analysis.
I have already done a -vecrank- with a variety of variables,
I was just wondering whether I could do it the following way: reg one variable against the other and then test wether the residuals  from this regression are stationary or not.
I was just wonderng whether anyone could tell me whether this is the way of doing it (I have a number of independent variables if that makes any difference)
Kind Regards
Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years—enjoy free winks and emoticons.