st: Use of Stata on netbooks

From   kokootchke <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Use of Stata on netbooks
Date   Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:28:06 -0400

Hey guys... I just bought a netbook (Samsung NC-120) and I'll get it in a couple of days. Could you guys share what your experience has been running Stata on netbooks?

Note that I am not planning on doing very heavy or memory-intensive Stata work on this computer. I want to use it mainly because I'll be traveling a lot in the next few months and I want it mainly for text editing, checking e-mail, browsing the internet... and yes, a little bit of light Stata/Matlab work. You guys think that's OK?