Re: st: How to make certain variable names and related coefficients red in the word in the -estout-?

From   Ben Jann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to make certain variable names and related coefficients red in the word in the -estout-?
Date   Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:12:17 +0200

The issue with colors is that a color table has to be defined before
the colors can be used in RTF. The main problem is how to get the
color table into the document. Although not very elegant, you could
use the -title()- option for this. Here is an example with blue and
red:

sysuse auto, clear
reg price weight mpg
local colortbl "{\colortbl;\red255\green0\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;}"
esttab using test.rtf, replace       ///
    title(`colortbl'Table 1: blah)   ///
    coeflabels(weight "{\cf1 weight}" mpg "{\cf2 mpg}")

Another approach would be to hack esttab.ado and hardwire the color
table in the beginning  where the RTF preamble is defined.
ben