st: AW: numeric format

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: numeric format
Date   Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:41:51 +0200

set obs 10000

gen x=rnormal(10000000)

gen id =_n<=5000

table id, contents(mean x)
table id, contents(mean x) /*
 */ format(%11.0fc)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Sandra Rayman
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. August 2009 18:33
Betreff: st: numeric format

Dear listers,

This is my first question to Statalist, and I'm afraid it's a bit of a
basic one. I need a basic table of statistics and the problem I am
having is that the numbers are shown in exponential rather than
regular format. From the help function I read how to use the format
command but the problem remains.

I am using survey data and just need a basic table of the number of
people, in each year, by race. The command I am using is:
table date race [fweight = weight], format(%15.0g)

I have tried increasing the number in the format command more and more
(e.g. format(%18.0g)) but all that happens is that the columns get
wider and the numbers are shown as e.g. 1.16e+07 whereas I need the
full numbers. I know this should be easy, but from the help function
and statalist archive I can't figure out how to do it.