Re: st: New Stata 11 version of -parmest- on SSC

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New Stata 11 version of -parmest- on SSC
Date   Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:37:53 -0500

Richard Williams <[email protected]> had some questions about
updating user-written estimation commands to support the new factor variables
features in Stata 11:

> Does it take 5 minutes to update a program to take advantage of Stata
> 11?  Or is it more complicated than that?  I think it would be nice
> if somebody at Stata or elsewhere did a little FAQ on this, if it
> doesn't exist already.  I imagine there will be a new version of the
> Stata ML book sooner or later, but something in the meantime with
> updates for Stata 11 would be helpful.

It took a little longer that we intended, but we just posted two new FAQs
related to factor variables in Stata 11.

The first one gives advice on version control related to collinearity and
factor variables in Stata 11.

	http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/lang/post.html

The second one is more for programmers who want to add factor variables
support to their commands.

	http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/lang/fv.html

This FAQ mentions all the tools Roger Newson mentioned in his reply to
Richard.

--Jeff