Re: st: neural networks

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: neural networks
Date   Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:26:47 -0500

. findit neural

points to some work by Stas Kolenikov, who is active on this list. In general, this kind of application is not prominent in the Stata

marcel spijkerman wrote:

Altough I am aware of the fact that a similar question has been posted before (somewhere in 2005 I believe) I would like to inquire whether there exist Stata-modules to estimate neural networks. I am aware of the fact that several other packages exist to estimate neural networks but I work in an protected environment and Stata is one of the few packages offered (even installation of simple excel/VB add-ons is not allowed).