st: neural networks

From   marcel spijkerman <>
To   stata stata <>
Subject   st: neural networks
Date   Fri, 7 Aug 2009 15:10:35 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

Altough I am aware of the fact that a similar question has been posted before (somewhere in 2005 I believe) I would like to inquire whether there exist Stata-modules to estimate neural networks. I am aware of the fact that several other packages exist to estimate neural networks but I work in an protected environment and Stata is one of the few packages offered (even installation of simple excel/VB add-ons is not allowed).

Best regards,

Marcel Spijkerman