Re: st: fm regression code

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: fm regression code
Date   Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:54:35 +0200

You can have fama-macbeth from Stata, without programming it by yourself:
1) -xtfmb- (from SSC) is an implementation of the Fama and MacBeth (1973) two step procedure. In the first step, for each single time period a cross-sectional regression is performed. Then, in the second step, the final coefficient estimates are obtained as the average of the first step coefficient estimates.  -xtfmb- allows you to test for the significance of coefficient combinations as you are used to from ordinary linear regressions. This is because the second step of the Fama-MacBeth procedure is implemented by aid of Zellner's SUR estimation. The "avg. R-squared" which is provided in the header of the -xtfmb- program is computed as the average value of the R-squares from the cross-sectional regressions in the first step of the Fama-MacBeth procedure.
2) -fmivreg- (from http://www.antonisureda.com/other/stuff/files/) estimates Fama-MacBeth regressions with instrumental variables and Newey-West standard errors
Nicola

P.S. I'll NOT receive/read any email but the Digest.