Re: st: counts with censorship

Subject   Re: st: counts with censorship
Date   Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:46:48 -0400

Eduardo Nunez<[email protected]>:
Death is not censoring here; it is the true end of risk for increases
to the duration "days alive and out of the hospital" but the end of
the observation period is a censoring event.  You want a survival
model here, I think, and you could run it as single risk by
subtracting days in the hospital from the endpoint, but a asymmetric
competing-risks multiple-failure model is the underlying model (death
prevents you from admission to the hospital, but admission to the
hospital do not prevent death). Do you observe time-varying
characteristics of patients over time? See also:
-help st-
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/iser/teaching/module-ec968
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/wp/survival.html
etc.