st: re: how to explain the results of ivendog after -ivreg2-?

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: how to explain the results of ivendog after -ivreg2-?
Date   Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:27:38 -0400

Rose said
However, I still need to decide which one or both are endogeous, which is a previous step of regression later. Only deciding the endogeneity first can I decide the equation ultimately. Could you please give me any suggestion ?

The results you present show that there is definitive evidence that the equation should not be estimated by OLS, and that instrumental variables techniques are required to achieve consistency. It is safest to assume that both should be considered endogenous, as when both are excluded you have problems.

An Introduction to Stata Programming |