Re: st: Regarding using pathreg with svy command

From   Philip Ender <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regarding using pathreg with svy command
Date   Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:01:09 -0700

Maria Chang wrote:

Dear Statlisters,

Currently I am in a dilemma of trying to figure out how to use the svy
command in STATA along with the pathreg command I found provided by
UCLA ATS staff  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/Stata/faq/pathreg.htm .
However, I have not been able to find a solution and STATA staff was
not able to assist at this point.  I was wondering if anyone out there
have tried this?  In addition, does anyone know of another pathreg
command that deals with categorical data?  Thank you in advance all
for your help and I hope I will be able to find a solution soon.

Warm regards,
Maria

As the author of -pathreg- I can assure you that it will not work with
-svy-.  -pathreg- is actually a very simple program that runs a series
of OLS regressions.  Everything that -pathreg- does is easy to do
manually using the -regress- command.  I think that you should be able
to run your path analysis with a series of -svy: regress-.  Path
analysis with categorical variables can be tricky if the categorical
variable is endogenous.  I don't know specifically of any path
analysis programs that incorporate categorical variables.

--
Phil Ender
Statistical Consulting Group