st: AW: xttab for 2-way tables

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: xttab for 2-way tables
Date   Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:47:48 +0200

Why not -collapse- the thing beforehand? If the characteristics are
time-invariant, nothing gets lost this way. Then use -tab- as in

help tabulate twoway

with all the tests available...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Thomas Klausch
Gesendet: Montag, 3. August 2009 15:45
Betreff: st: xttab for 2-way tables

I am trying to produce a 2 way table for time invariant
characteristics in panel data. For a one way table this can be done
using xttab as I understand. However is there a command for producing
a 2 way contingency table alongside suitable tests? Or do I need to
agregate data to the macro level before I can do this (which would be
inconvenient I suppose)?

Many thanks.