st: AW: subvarname and list

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: subvarname and list
Date   Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:33:00 +0200

You can actually automate at least part of this process:

sysuse auto, clear

foreach var of varlist * {
	char `var'[varname] "`: var label `var''"

list len we pr tr tu /*
 */ in 1/10, subvarname/*
 */ ab(20)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Joerg Eulenberger
Gesendet: Montag, 3. August 2009 12:49
Betreff: st: subvarname and list

Dear Statausers,
I have a question to the list-command. I don' t want the varname in the
list-output-header, i want the varlabel. All i found is the char-command
and than the subvarname option in the list-command. It is possible to
say Stata in the char-command use the varlabel as subvarname? For all
Variables in the Dataset?
I don´t want to type for every each variables a new subvarname like this:

char var51[varname] "since years"