st: subvarname and list

From   Joerg Eulenberger <>
Subject   st: subvarname and list
Date   Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:49:24 +0200

Dear Statausers,
I have a question to the list-command. I don' t want the varname in the list-output-header, i want the varlabel. All i found is the char-command and than the subvarname option in the list-command. It is possible to say Stata in the char-command use the varlabel as subvarname? For all Variables in the Dataset?
I don´t want to type for every each variables a new subvarname like this:

char var51[varname] "since years"