st: Graph Scale Issue with xtline

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graph Scale Issue with xtline
Date   Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:23:21 +0100

I am writing regarding a scale issue I have when using the command xtline.  When I try to generate a graph for all the panels in my sample I end up with a problem due to the scale of the Y axis as it has to have the same upper and lower limits across all the panels.

I tried to address the problem by adjusting the axis scale properties but the range has to be wide enough to accommodate all panels, which makes it impossible to reasonably represent for instance the observations for a panel in the range of 0 to 100 if another panel shown has the range 0 to 10,000.

I read the following contribution about scale breaks (http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/graphics/scbreak.html) but I hope there is a more straight forward way to address the problem.

Secondly, I notice that it is impossible to export into word any changes in the font types used in a graph (for instance the exported object shows font type Arial although on the screen it is Times New Roman after adjustments were made).

Many thanks,

Sotirios