Re: st: Customizing the -s2mono- scheme in Stata 9.2?

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Customizing the -s2mono- scheme in Stata 9.2?
Date   Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:00:34 +0200

Hiroshi wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible to edit/customize the default settings of
the -s2mono- scheme that comes with Stata 9.2.
Is there any way to edit/customize -s2mono- itself so that it incorporates
my gray scale preference (gs14) for the background and grid lines? I would
then like to name the thus edited -s2mono- something like
-s2mono_modified- and -set scheme s2mono_modified, perm-. (I know I could
specify gray scale options each time I draw a graph, but I have drawn
hundreds of graphs and will draw even more in the future. So, that
solution is not practical.)
Yes, you can. This scheme file (with the name scheme-mys2mono.scheme)
modifies the s2mono scheme.
     * scheme-mys2mono.scheme
     #include s2mono
     color background gs14
     color grid gs10
Save the scheme file in C:\ado\personal, and:
     set scheme mys2mono , permanently
You may want to experiment to get the preferred color of background and
gridlines. BTW, I doubt that your experiences are related to Windows XP
vs. Windows Vista. Did you get another printer as well? Printers (and
toner) differ.
Hope this helps

Svend Juul
(School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology)
Bartholins Allé 2
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark
Phone:   +45 8693 7796
Mobile:  +45 2634 7796