Re: st: gllamm with pweights

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: gllamm with pweights
Date   Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:24:10 -0400

--

Also, see: http://www.stata.com/meeting/4nasug/Chantala.ppt and
http://www.cpc.unc.edu/restools/data_analysis/ml_sampling_weights.
These contain links to the Stata program -pwigls- which will scale the
weights.  Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal (2006), the second citation that
Stas listed, compute the  "Method 1" weights by hand and illustrate an
analysis in GLLAMM.

Rabe-Hesketh, S. & Skrondal, A. (2006). Multilevel modelling of
complex survey data. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series
A (Statistics in Society), 169(4), 805-827.

________________
>> From: [email protected] [[email protected]]
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Kanter, Rebecca<[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am running 2 level multi-level models using gllamm. Level one is individuals and Level two is either the urban or rural part of the country's state (i.e. urstate).
>>>
>>> I would like to use the survey pweights I have...I only have pweights for the individual level (adul_sr), but it seems that you need pweights for all levels specified in gllamm (?) so this is what I did to create pweights for urstate based on these weights:
>>>
>>> collapse (sum)  sadul_sr=adul_sr , by(urstate)
>>>
>>> then I merged them to the rest of my dataset
>>>
>>> and made this weight for the gllamm:
>>>
>>> *MLM-level pweights
>>> generate pwadulsr1=adul_sr
>>> *urstate summed adul_sr
>>> generate pwadulsr2=sadul_sr
>>>
>>> Then ran the most basic random-intercept only (around urstate) in gllamm and get the follow error below and am assuming it is a pweight problem but I do not know where the problem is coming from so if anyone has insight that would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
>>>
>>> (note: diettag==1 & exwt==1 is the subpopulation i want to look at for this series of models)
>>>
>>> gllamm bmi2 if diettag==1 & exwt==1, i(urstate) pweight(pwadulsr) adapt nip(15)
>>>
>>> Running adaptive quadrature
>>>
>>> Convergence not achieved: try with more quadrature points

Steven Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477