st: AW: RE: RE: Useing e(over_labels)

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: RE: RE: Useing e(over_labels)
Date   Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:26:35 +0200

Very true, -collapse- does have an -semean- option which I overlooked. I do
recommend that Richard use -collapse-. Note that the varcov here is easier
than in the regression case in that there are no elements off the diagonal
in -e(V)-...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Nick Cox
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2009 13:56
Betreff: st: RE: RE: Useing e(over_labels)

Using -collapse- is another (and easier) possibility.

Martin Weiss

cap ssc inst parmest
sysuse auto, clear
mean mpg, over(for rep,  nolabel)
parmest, saving(myfile, replace)
u myfile, clear
drop eq t dof

Richard Palmer-Jones

I want to compuile the ereturned e(b) and e(v) results of a "mean
var1, over(var2 var3, nolabel)" into a usable form, such as rows in
new variables or a matrix, together with the relevatn values of var2 &

I think this means making use of the values in e(over_labels), but how
to do so escapes me.