Re: st: Economic Significance and Logged Independent Variables

From   Erasmo Giambona <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Economic Significance and Logged Independent Variables
Date   Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:15:06 +0200

Thanks Austin for all the great ideas and suggestions. I think I have
addressed some of the issues that you raise. I hope you don't mind to
elaborate a bit more on the skewness concern. I thought that skewness
could be the cause of the problem. However, I am really working with
several sub-samples (extracted from the same sample) with similar
skewness. I find that the coefficient changes drammatically only for
one of the sub-samples. Could this also be due to some outliers?

Thanks,

Erasmo