st: RE: 'movestay' command

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: 'movestay' command
Date   Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:49:03 +0100

You can answer this kind of question yourself:

1. Look at the help to see what options are documented.

2. Look at the code using -viewsource- to see if any options are

Clemence Berson

My current working paper compares the discrimination between the private
and public sectors. I am using the Stata command 'movestay' developed
by Lokshin and Sajaia. I would like to know whether it is possible to
use control variables which are not present in the probit equation of
sector choice with this stata command.

lnw_1i = beta_1 (age age2 reg contract nbemployees) + u_1i
lnw_2i = beta_2 (age age2 reg contract nbemployees) + u_2i
I= delta(lnw_1i - lnw2i) + gamma(age age2 reg maritalstatus
csp_parents) + mu_i

where the type of contract and the number of employees in the firm do
not enter in the probability of working in a particular sector. Is
there an option to avoid adding these variables to the estimation of I
and getting the value of delta ?