st: do-file halting

From   "Ann Miller" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: do-file halting
Date   Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:25:47 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I'm using Stata 10 and have run into something I think is odd. When I set up a master do file that has several smaller do-files within it (eg: stage1.do stage2.do stage3.do), the master do will run up to the second-to-last one (stage2.do)and then cease, displaying the following: "end of do-file". After various struggles and consults with experts at my workplace, we've discovered that 1) it doesn't seem to read the final small do-file (stage3.do) and 2) if I add 2 carriage returns to the end of the master do-file, it'll run the whole thing. Is this a common problem? I'd be interested to know what might be the cause, if anyone else has run into this, or if there's a different solution than my 2-carriage-return fix.

Many thanks!

Best,
Ann

Ann C. Miller, PhD, MPH