AW: st: esttab

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: esttab
Date   Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:42:25 +0200

-ssc install esttab- leads to

"ssc install: "esttab" not found at SSC, type -findit esttab-"

for me. I firmly believe it has to be -ssc inst estout-

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Neil Shephard
Gesendet: Montag, 6. Juli 2009 14:40
Betreff: Re: st: esttab

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM, 21443017<> wrote:
> Dear Martin,
> Thanks for your reply. I tried "esttab" as below, but stata reports that
> is an unrecognized command. I search for "esttab" in help manual; the
> results suggest no entry found in search on esttab. I have installed
> files, I was just wondering what is the problem.
> By the way, I am suing stata 10.
> quietly heckman price weight, select(foreign = weight mpg) twostep
> esttab, wide
> unrecognized command:  esttab

-esttab- is a user written command (by Benn Jann) that needs to be
installed from the SSC archives.  In Stata type the following to

ssc install esttab

...once downloaded and installed read the manual page with...

man esttab

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -