st: gllamm convergence problem

From   Marco Alfano <>
Subject   st: gllamm convergence problem
Date   Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:58:35 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I hope you all are doing well. I am having some problems to get my
model to converge. It does converge for some subsamples but generally
the models do not converge.

I am estimating a covariate measurement error model using gllamm. The
measurements of the latent factor are dichotomous variables (so the
measurement model is a two parameter item response model). The outcome
model is a discrete time duration model, which I am estimating by
expanding the data according to the duration variable. I am
particularly interested in the factor loading on the latent variable

Once the dataset is reshaped and expanded the commands for the
estimations look like the following:

ge z_x1 = z3*x1

ge z_x2 = z3*x2

ge z_x3 = z3*x3

ge z_x4 = z3*x4

*** Latent Equation and True Covariate model

eq latentfactors: z1 z2 z3

eq truecovariatemodel: x1 x2 x3 x4 x5

*** Outcome model

gllamm y z1 z2 z3 z_x1 z_x2 z_x3 z_x4 , ///

i(kids_id) eqs(latentfactors) link(logit logit) family(binom binom) ///

lv(measuredis) fv(measuredis) geqs(truecovariatemodel)

I would really appreciate some advice or general tips about convergence.

Thanks a lot already to everyone and have a good Sunday