RE: st: growth curve model with weights

From   P C <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: growth curve model with weights
Date   Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to Stas for giving me the coding examples. Also to Nick for explaining the word for "equidistant in time".

The sample I will be working on has a large sample size. It has over 15,000 cases. Will it take long for gllamm to estimate the growth curve model.

Just to double check:

When I specify student-level weight like gen wt2 = [student level weight], suppose I have three waves (w1weight; w2weight; w3weight), when I list them in a hierarachical order in the data file, the [student level weight] is no more a constant but changes within each respondent, right?

The other thing is that when I specify school-level weight, gen wt3 = [school level weight], I should use the method suggested in Sophia's paper to construct the school-level weight, right?

Thanks,

Alice