From   jjc.li@utoronto.ca
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Re: standard error and significance
Date   Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:35:26 -0400

Yes, I got the standard error of Rij after the regression by stata, and can calculat the standard error of Y by the formula. But how could I know if Y is siginificant by its standard error?

Quoting Martin Weiss <martin.weiss1@gmx.de>:

<>

The standard error of Rij will be accessible after the rgression as -di
_se[Rij]- which , according to your formula, is what you need...

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: <jjc.li@utoronto.ca>
To: "Statalist" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:09 AM
Subject: st: standard error and significance

Dear all,

Here's a fomula,

Y=1+Rij/(Si*Sj),

where Rij is a coef. abtained form a regression; Si and Sj are obtained form a data set (let's say ten years annual data).

Now, I am going to evaluated Y at the means of Si and Sj. The standard errors of Y can be calculated by SE(Y)=SE(Rij)/SiSj. So How could I determine if the result of Y is siginificant at 5% level, according to its standard error? How to do it by STATA?

Thanks!

Crystal