Re: st: test difference in quintiles

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: test difference in quintiles
Date   Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:42:23 -0400

-cendif-  by Roger Newson, is part of the -somersd- package,
downloadable from SSC (type "ssc install somersd".  It computes CI's
for,  and tests, differences between medians.  You will need  large
sample sizes to test the difference between 5th percentiles with
reasonable power.  What do you mean by "number of observations in the
5th percentile"?  You should not group data prior to the analysis.

-Steve