st: Re: quantile regression graph

Subject   st: Re: quantile regression graph
Date   Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:24:49 +0200

I get the same behavior as you do. The help file and the -if- construct at the beginning of the code for grqreg.ado indicate that -sqreg- is permitted. Changing the order of covariates does change the message for me, though, as it is always the first independent variable that makes Stata choke...

***
sysuse auto, clear
sqreg price weight length , quantile(.25 .5 .75) reps(100)
grqreg
//changing order here...
sqreg price length weight , quantile(.25 .5 .75) reps(100)
grqreg
***

HTH
Martin
_______________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlo Amenta" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:59 PM
Subject: st: quantile regression graph

Dear statalisters,

I am trying to use STATA module grqreg, but I can't.
After a sqreg regression in which the first independent variable is X, the
program always gives me the following error message:

. grqreg, cons ci ols olsci
postfile: variable X already exists
r(110).

I have tried to change label to the variable X (or leave it without label), I have changed the order of regressors but nothing happened. Any idea on the
problem?