Re: st: RE: longitudinal ordinal regression

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: longitudinal ordinal regression
Date   Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:41:54 -0400

At 10:27 AM 6/3/2009, Nick Cox wrote:
Can you identify any literature that defines covariance for ordinal (graded) responses? I don't usually align myself with "level of measurement" arguments, but I would be surprised if the models you think you want are even defined in the literature. I'd be happy for anyone to expose my enormous ignorance on this detail.

I keep getting requests to write xtoglm and xtgologit2, but I have no idea how to do it. The fact that xtologit does not exist makes me think it is a non-trivial problem.

The closest things I know of are the user-written routines -reoprob- and -regoprob-, both available from SSC.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu