RE: st: RE: longitudinal ordinal regression

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: longitudinal ordinal regression
Date   Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:49:31 +0100

The fact that no-one has yet crossed daffodils and elephants (unless
they have...) could in principle mean that

1. No one has thought of how to do it yet.

2. It's not a good idea, so no one has tried.

Richard Williams

At 10:27 AM 6/3/2009, Nick Cox wrote:

>Can you identify any literature that defines covariance for ordinal
>(graded) responses? I don't usually align myself with "level of
>measurement" arguments, but I would be surprised if the models you
>think you want are even defined in the literature. I'd be happy for
>anyone to expose my enormous ignorance on this detail.

I keep getting requests to write xtoglm and xtgologit2, but I have no
idea how to do it.  The fact that xtologit does not exist makes me
think it is a non-trivial problem.

The closest things I know of are the user-written routines -reoprob-
and -regoprob-, both available from SSC.