st: [clustered] random draws

From   "Susan Olivia" <>
Subject   st: [clustered] random draws
Date   Thu, 28 May 2009 15:17:29 -0700

Dear Stata lister,

I am generating x and y coordinates based on random draws
from a uniform distribution with a minimum value of 0 and
maximum value of 100 - which has the effect of randomly
locating the data in a 100 by 100 square.

The question that I want to ask:  I would like generate
clustered pattern from the generated x and y coordinates
[say 10 observations that close to each other forming a
cluster]. Is this something possible that I can do in Stata?

Thanks in advance,