st: pooling estimates across different datasets

From   Marcus Casey <>
Subject   st: pooling estimates across different datasets
Date   Thu, 28 May 2009 14:39:15 -0400

Hi All,

My question regards pooling estimates of parameter from different
datasets. Specifically, I estimated the speifiction on transactions
data for four markets.
I cannot pool these data because each dataset is quite large(millions
of observations) because a combined dataset with control variables
and requisite fixed effects would
exceed my available memory.

Hence, I want to combine the estimates of the parameter of interest
into one overall parameter. I know this likely involves estimating a
weighted mean but
I am unsure how to implement this in Stata and also construct a
reasonable standard error. Any suggestions?