st: RE: ivtobit error message

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: ivtobit error message
Date   Mon, 25 May 2009 12:43:02 +0100

You don't give here your _exact_ -ivtobit- command as requested in the
Statalist FAQ.

My best guess on this information is that you are trying to fit a model
that is (much) more complicated than the data will bear. Try a much
simpler model and build up from there.

An alternative, probably less suitable in your case, is to take control
of the ML optimisation by using options to specify initial values.
Further information is best found not by Googling but reading Stata's
own documentation. Even if you have no manuals to hand, the on-line help
is very detailed.

Sue

I ran a regression using the ivtobit command and it gave me the
following error code:
"could not find initial values"

I tried to google this message or something similar but wasn't
successful. As far as I know, the regressors don't take on extreme
values, if that's a concern.

Can someone help explaining why I'm getting this message and how I can
solve it? Thanks.