st: RE: Getting data from NBER to STATA

From   Howard Lempel <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Getting data from NBER to STATA
Date   Thu, 21 May 2009 11:23:45 -0400

Kirimi,

Jean Roth at the NBER makes do files and dictionary files that import CPS data into Stata.  The data is available here:

http://www.nber.org/data/cps_basic.html

The do files and dictionary files are here:

http://www.nber.org/data/cps_basic_progs.html

The do files contain comments with instructions on how to import the data.

If you need data from CPS supplements (e.g. the March ASEC supplement), the NBER also has do files for some (all?) of those.  Unfortunately, the NBER website just stopped working for me, so I can't find the link.

Hope this helps.
Howie

Howie Lempel
Research Assistant
The Brookings Institution | Economic Studies

1775 Massachusetts Ave NW | Washington DC 20036
[email protected] | p: (202) 238-3576