st: Re: Matrix manipulation help

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: Matrix manipulation help
Date   Thu, 14 May 2009 09:10:29 -0400

findit sphdist

Bill Rising's routine, discussed in ISP.

An Introduction to Stata Programming |

On May 14, 2009, at 02:33 , statalist-digest wrote:

- -nearest- on SSC has relevant (pre-Mata) code.

I thought Michael Blasnik had written something more efficient but I
can't find it or -findit- quickly.

Nick Cox

By the way, hasn't this been done before?

Susan Olivia

Can I get programming advice how to create a NxN distance
matrix using the information on latitude and longitude.