st: Re: Graph shading

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Graph shading
Date   Tue, 12 May 2009 08:33:39 +0200

Here is an easy example of a shaded area, tweak that to your needs:

set obs 200

gen x=_n/100
gen y=2

twoway (area y x, /// sort fcolor(ltblue))

You can overlay it with any of the other -twoway- graphs...

----- Original Message ----- From: "john metcalfe" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:57 AM
Subject: st: Graph shading

Dear Statalist,
I am creating a poster for a conference, and would like to shade
certain regions of my graph to demonstrate changes in probability with
performance of a diagnostic test. Does anyone know how to do this? I
am using Stata 10.  Pasting the graph in below does not work, but if
for example I am working with a grid y=0-10 and x=0-10, I would like
to shade the region above y=2 and x=2.
Thanks much,