RE: st: RE: Re: Using backslash in macros

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Re: Using backslash in macros
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 19:33:24 +0100

Your question is one for StataCorp.

On their behalf, I think they would want to know precisely what your database problems were with Stata and/or precisely what you want to see added to or improved in Stata.

Steinar Fossedal

Earlier, I've been arguing hard to use Stata for analyses, but
eventually found it somewhat lacking when it comes to database
communication. Updating databasetables using ODBC seems to be very
slow and cumbersome, as is adding variables to an existing table. This
might very well be the fault of the SQL Server I've been using (or my
queries), but nevertheless I'm curious - is database integration a
topic Statacorp is looking to improve in the near future?