Re: st: limited dependent variables

Subject   Re: st: limited dependent variables
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 13:18:03 -0400

Franken, Jason R. <[email protected]>:
I think the reference does not apply to your case; I think you do not
want -truncreg- (or -heckman-? you don't specify whether the contract
length is the outcome or explanatory variable) because of the
normality assumption required.  You have censoring in a survival
model--read the material at
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/iser/teaching/module-ec968 for starters.
For more help, you should be more specific about the model you hope to estimate.