Re: st: limited dependent variables

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: limited dependent variables
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 13:18:03 -0400

Franken, Jason R. <>:
I think the reference does not apply to your case; I think you do not
want -truncreg- (or -heckman-? you don't specify whether the contract
length is the outcome or explanatory variable) because of the
normality assumption required.  You have censoring in a survival
model--read the material at for starters.
For more help, you should be more specific about the model you hope to estimate.