Re: st: weighted population size smaller than sample size?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: weighted population size smaller than sample size?
Date   Tue, 5 May 2009 19:10:11 -0400

--

Ilana,
I think that the most likely reason for the similarity of the sample

This would be done  by multiplying each original weight by (sample
size/population size).  Rounding error would account for the small
difference between the sum of the revised weights and the true sample
size  These revised weights are obviously useless fo estimating
population group totals but would give estimates of means,
proportions, and regression coefficients identical to those given by
the original weights.

-Steve