AW: st: Re: overid test

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: Re: overid test
Date   Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:06:46 +0200

" and -adoupdate, update- to update your user-written routines"

Everything rides on your having installed the routine via -ssc install- and
not pasted manually onto your adopath. I got bit by this a couple of times,
until I cleared out my "C:\ado\personal" directory and reinstalled every
single package. Now I have the -adoupdate- automatically every
time I start up Stata.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Richard
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. April 2009 03:18
Betreff: Re: st: Re: overid test

At 05:35 PM 4/27/2009, Rodrigo Briceño wrote:
>Martin, could this be the reason of error? Stata version is 10.1
>actually, but whichid showed:
>*! overid V2.0.3 4Feb2007
>*! Authors C F Baum, Vince Wiggins, Steve Stillman, Mark Schaffer

I don't know if this is your problem, but your
version of overid is more than a year out of date.  From within Stata, type

ssc install overid, replace

or else use the -adoupdate- command.

In general, when commands seem to be misbehaving,
it is a good idea to first make sure you've got
the latest and greatest of everything.  Use
-update all- to update Stata and -adoupdate,
update- to update your user-written routines.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu