Rép. : Re: st: RE: AW: Test of the difference in growth rate of two variables

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Rép. : Re: st: RE: AW: Test of the difference in growth rate of two variables
Date   Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:26:30 +0200

Dear Austin:

Thank you for your reply. It is helpful. I have applied the method you suggest and read the reference guide on -suest-. I have a quick question. You write:

suest i v
test [i_mean]time=[v_mean]time
suest i v, cluster(company)
test [i_mean]time=[v_mean]time

If I understand correctly, only the second -suest- should be performed. Is that correct?

Best regards

Herve

Professeur/Professor
President of the French Accounting Association (AFC)
HEC Paris
Departement Comptabilite Controle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
France
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
mail: stolowy at hec dot fr
web: http://www.hec.fr/stolowy
>>> Austin Nichols <[email protected]> 24/04/09 20:25 >>>
Herve STOLOWY:
Serial correlation can be handled via clustering, if you have enough
independent clusters, and -suest- can test across two models.
Try e.g.

webuse grunfeld, clear
keep if time>15
* first, linear growth