st: RE: outreg2, tab option? + logout (re multi-way contingency tables in Stata)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: outreg2, tab option? + logout (re multi-way contingency tables in Stata)
Date   Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:36:58 +0100

-update query- refers only to official commands. It pays no attention to
any user-written commands you have installed.

You can tackle your query of -outreg2- version yourelf in at least two
ways:

* You can type

. which outreg2

-- and compare with the latest version on SSC, which

. ssc type outreg2.ado

reveals to be

*! outreg2 2.1.1 Apr2009 by [email protected]

* You can use -adoupdate-.

Pamela Oliver

This is a reply to Roy Wada's reply yesterday (sorry, I get digest
version, cannot reply directly to a single message):
1) "You can use the -tab- open of -outreg2- to produce a table of 1-way,

2-way, 3-way, or n-way tabulation. . . . .
* example of 4-way tabulation:

sysuse auto, clear
egen mileage=cut(mpg), group(10)
egen paid=cut(price), group(3)
outreg2 mileage paid foreign rep using myfile, see replace tab
stats(coef)
outreg2 mileage paid foreign rep using myfile, see replace tab

" [end quoted text]

I experimented with this syntax and got the error message: "option tab
not allowed." When I run a regular outreg2 (i.e. after a regression), it

works fine.  I'm running Stata 10 and update query says everything is up

to date. You say the tab option is not currently documented; it is also
not currently implemented, or is there some way to locate it?

<snip>