RE: st: Generating comparison tables

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Generating comparison tables
Date   Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:09:19 -0700

> E.g compare the population in a treatment and placebo group (Columns)
> across multiple different categorical variables (Rows) and have each
> cell contain the frequency and percentage. Finally there should be a
> column including the p value for the difference between the groups
> (test specified by user). I'm sure there is an easy way to do this,
> but sofar I've been spending a lot of time copying and pasting into
> excel....

This is very vague. But you can do something like this. It will give you freq,
percentage, and p-value, just as you asked.

sysuse auto, clear
ren foreign treatment
egen outcome=cut(mpg), group(3)
qui levelsof outcome

mat pval=.051, .733, .825         /* insert local macro here */
mat colname pval=`r(levels)'

cap erase myfile.txt
bys treatment: outreg2 outcome using myfile, tab
outreg2 using myfile, matrix(pval)

Incidently, the -matrix( )- option was added about a year ago. I don't exactly
remember how it works, but looks like it still going through the e(b) matrix.

Roy

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_more_042009